Monday, January 01, 2007

Another Year Over,

And A New One Just Begun . . .

The many guests have been kissed and hugged on their way, SO, who did most of the work for tonight, has gone to a well-deserved bed, the first tranche of washing up is done and the fire is burning down to embers. The promised tornado hasn't hit our sleepy corner of England (damn! a budding career in verité journalism nipped in the - well, bud) and I'm contemplating my very first bowl of cereal in the new year. I know, I know, but party food is so - I dunno, bitty. No, not that bitty. You know what I mean.

So here's to 2007, Gawd bless her and all who sail in her. For my rapidly-nearing birthday, I would like
  • an end to the western occupation of Iraq
  • a happy resolution to Chris Langham's ghastly predicament
  • smaller class sizes.

Not necessarily in that order.

ps I thought about a list of resolutions, and then I thought, naaah. Every day is a good day for a resolution. If you can't do it now, you never will.

4 comments:

Valerie Polichar said...

Happiest of New Year's to you! We're still in the midst of a wild party -- 2.5 hours to go until midnight. I had to take a quick blogging break from the madness. Not only are there many semi-drunken adults, but there are three babies visiting as well. It's Bedlam, I tell you. But I digress. I wish you all your birthday wishes (when is it?) and a grand adventure in 2007.

Dave said...

And a Happy New Year to you too.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year. New Year aspirations, much less stressful than resolutions.

Mangonel said...

Valerie, you crazy chick you! And you didn't slur a single letter - I hope you made up for this unnatural sobriety later.

Realdoc, you will have noticed that there's not very much I can actually do about any one of those things, apart from writing the odd letter or two. Which I fully intend to do. Oh no wait - that's a resolution, isn't it? Bugger.