Thursday, February 08, 2007

Valentine's Day

Hoo-bloody-ray, more presents. Christmas, my birthday, Valentine's Day, SO's birthday early March and then we are DONE. Phew.

Thank goodness for Amazon wish-lists, eh? SO pretty much cleaned mine out for my birthday, bless, (though I remarked the absence of the 10 DVD+RWs - SO has no sense of priorities. Serves me right for not having categorised 'em myself) so I thought I might reciprocate.

Valentine's Day proved easy (Bringing Up Baby, a couple of Gervaise Phinns) but birthday is going to be a little trickier, not to say more expensive. Because SO has also not categorised either, I have to work out which James Bond SO fancies most. Oh, the pressure . . .

I thought I might slide a Firewire cable into the order for li'l ole me. What larks, eh Pip?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hark at 'er with her new template! It looks nice. No wasted space. Is it easy? Wouldn't mind broadening mine out a bit.

Oh god, Valentine's Day.

cello said...

I am slightly disturbed that you seem to be my doppelganger. On top of living near Ashridge, liking Bach etc, watching Housewife, 49 this weekend you have just used the Great Expectations quote that I scatter liberally around my life.

What's going on?

I, Like The View said...

*picks up Great Expectations, which she'd purchased a while back when reading constant references to it in blogworld, and retires under duvet to avoid snow and find out what she's been missing out on (again)*

*returns a while later*

how about this:
"I'm not going to tell the story the way it happened. I'm going to tell it the way I remember it."?

Mangonel said...

BiB - it was quite easy, aksherly, with Beta, don'tcherno. Ah - no you don't - you jumped ship for the wide-open spaces yourself. I never did figure out why though. Not that I'm a big blogger fan, it's just the only one I know.

Cello - except that I always get Doppelgänger mixed up with Steppenwolf. Luckily looked it up to make sure before posting some incredibly erudite remarks on Hesse. (Have you come across Redmond O'Toole? He has done fantastic things with some Bach lute suites.)

Go ILTV! D'ye like Dickens at all? Or is this your first foray?

I, Like The View said...

well, I really didn't as a school child. . .

but as a wanna be grown up (*puffs on nails and polishes them to shoulder*) I find more and more frequently that I seem to be missing out on something

last year people on Dave's blog were raving about A Tale of Two Cities as well. . .

Anonymous said...

Great Expectations is heaven. Pick it up again, ILTV. More twists than... something twisty. A Curly-Wurly, say.

Mango, I can't remember why I jumped ship either. Just liked the look of wordpress, somehow. Oh, and I'd started worrying my brother was reading me. Now I don't tink it is him but, anyway, the same person found the new blog within a few days.

It's Sunday, by the way...

Mangonel said...

Not any more it isn't!