Friday, March 14, 2008

Trades Descriptions Act

This really should have been exciting, I promise you. I'd been led to expect fireworks of one sort or another - either a lot of Scandinavian berserking, or a fjord-ful of tears, arms around the shoulders and vows of eternal amity.

But no - another half-arsed solution to a half-arsed irritant. What is with them? So both men thrive on bitter, nagging relationships, fractured by wilful misunderstanding and patched up by the threat of losing their livelihoods if they don't work together - what do they think wives are for?

7 comments:

FirstNations said...

those wacky guys!
my husband works in Aluminum Smelting.

would you like to hear about electronic resistance of graded aluminum by code?

me neither. every time i hear about it.

Anonymous said...

But isn't it Norwegians that are constantly resolving the world's conflicts? What could you expect but consensus once Scandinavians were involved?

Barry Lawrence said...

Cooking?
Asking "Who's he?" repeatedly during a film?
Losing things?
Financially propping up telephone companies?
Saying "It was broken when I got there?"
In Norvey we also are having vives.

I, Like The View said...

*giggling ridiculously, verging on hysterically*

%-)

(being a wife being a bit of a sore point at the moment, you see)

;-)

I, Like The View said...

*waves*

Zig said...

I don't understand this post, I didn't understand the last one either . . . honest I haven't been drinking, much.

(if it's about men and their work, which I suspect it might, I have an instant mind switch-off valve which operates instantly)

Mangonel said...

FN - Argh!
Hi BiB - apparently at one point this Norwegian grumped 'But all you English ever do is TALK.'!
Reg, do you not think you may be on dangerous ground here?
I,LTV - glad to be of service!
Zig - he sometimes has to wake me up when he's done.