Saturday, March 29, 2008

If it's better to give

then who on earth do the givers give to? This week, as 'appen, ME.

Lilies from Anisa, all tightly furled. One of my favourite things EVER is to watch flowers slowly burst into bloom, and lilies are spectacularly good for this - a miracle on my own mantlepiece. And, just as they reached full perfection, Significant Other asked, sobbing, if we could please throw them out.


Pollen allergy. Bah.






My mother, returning from a couple of months in South Africa, bore a box (shaped like a star, coloured crackly antique gold, with a BEJEWELLED top) full of shells.







And Rachael, who is an Autumn, occasionally buys Spring stuff by mistake, and then gives it to me.

2 comments:

Tim F said...

I have no idea what 'being an Autumn' is (it sounds too much like a self-help book, and I'm almost certainly a particularly wet and gloomy February) but that scarf or shawl or pillowcase or whatever it is looks pretty autumnal to me.

I, Like The View said...

I like the shells - I love shells and have a collection of sorts myself. . .

the box sounds lovely!

:-)