Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The dog is eating my homework

First Nations tagged me to produce a list of ten writers who, in my opinion, need hitting with a bat until they stop.

It's proving unexpectedly difficult. Of course I can think of some, who can't, but ten? Thing is, I don't on the whole remember chapter and verse of writers that make my eyes bleed - I get them out of the way and move on to the next thing. I suppose I could pad the list with generics like 'extreme right-wing authors, such as the architects of Apartheid, the authors of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, and Leviticus' but I have a feeling that would be cheating - I think I have to Name Names.

I'm up to seven, and I want to get this over with by Friday, as we leave for Cornwall over the weekend. (Just outside Newquay, since you ask.)

Oh oh oh I forgot to say, the reason I don't know exactly when we are going away, is that SO is in Moscow for the week. Tee hee! He buys a deeply lovely little car, then goes away for a week, and the minute he is back we head west for ten days, not in the car!

8 comments:

Betty said...

I'd have difficulty explaining why I like ten writers, let alone why certain ones should be hit with a bat. Mind you, I'm thick, me.

Enjoy Cornwall. Hope the weather is better there than it was a month ago when were were there. It's got to get better ... hasn't it?

Valerie said...

Ah, but do you get to drive the car in the meantime?

Offhand I can only think of one I'd hit with a bat. Writers, not cars. But I think that's because I mostly avoid bad books..

Watch out for those Cornwallian terrorists.

Dave said...

I'm with you on the Leviticus chap, whoever he was.

Mangonel said...

Betty, you are SO tagged. MWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Valerie, how do you know which the bad ones are? One of them on my list has a HUGE following in South and Central America, which is how come I read one of his books. That's a few hours I am NEVER getting back.

Dave, I'm tagging you too. And wasn't Leviticus a bunch of blokes? St Paul, on the other hand, was not . . .

Anonymous said...

The family Klein leave for Cornwall tomorrow (roughly equidistant from Truro, Redruth and Falmouth, I think - my geography is rubbish)

Anonymous said...

of course not in the car - it doesn't have space for any luggage. where in cornwall, pray? we frequent watergate bay - lovely when the tide is out, and the rooms at the front with sea views are fab. have lovely time

Anonymous said...

We go to Watergate Bay, as well - very nice.

Zig said...

why not in the car? who needs luggage anyway it looks plenty big enough!