Friday, August 03, 2007

We're Back

Two whole days ago, and we've been having a well-earned rest after the rigours of the holiday. On the left, a picture taken on our first, and on the right, a picture taken on our last day. Ha flippin' ha, eh? Well, I guess it was bound to happen.


We went to the Blue Reef aquarium in Newquay, which is the most charming aquarium I've ever visited - small, but perfectly formed. This by way of an excuse to show you my favourites, the jellyfish.

And we saw the Green Flash! It was quite, quite perfect. (SO didn't believe me, a) that it existed, and b) he banged on about latitude and atmospheric conditions and blah blah blah. Imagine my intense irritation when, on the first possible evening, I had my camera to my eye, and missed it, AND HE SAW IT. Aaaarghh!) I learned my lesson the next night though, and was privileged to see, for a fraction of a second, the most beautiful green.

Our way home, on a very beautiful and warm day, took us through Lacock, where part of Harry Potter had been filmed. The Cloisters, and the rest of the Abbey, are indeed fascinating, but the item that caught my eye was the Monastic Drain.



What?



7 comments:

Dave said...

Well, it rained every single day I was in Cornwall, in June. So much for my dreams of open-top driving.

Betty said...

Our Cornish holiday had reverse weather, with gorgeous sunshine when we arrived (at, er, six o'clock in the evening) and rain thereafter.

I still have some stupid pipe dream about moving there though ... there was even a beautiful shimmering sunset view from the car park at Somerfield in Helston! No equivalent at Sainsbury's in Crayford I'm afraid.

Valerie said...

I guess that's where they wash away their sins?

Very peculiar.

Google no doubt knows the answer, but I prefer blissful ignorance.

Dave said...

Oooh. Spooky! I parked in the car park at Somerfield in Helston, too, Betty.

I, Like The View said...

I liked the octopus at Blue Reef - but thought he looked a little sad. . .

I'm so envious of someone seeing the the Green Flash I shall look out for it when I'm down there next week. . .

thanks for the weather update

*goes off to purchase sun tan lotion*

hope you had a good time and are well rested

Mangonel said...

The Somerfield car park in Helston! Ah, memories . . .

Valrie, true, my imagination is doing a much better job than Google.

ILTV, it was fab. Don't take your eyes off it. I'll hold my thumbs for you.

Zig said...

Lacock?! You should have called in! You went practically by the door.