Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Pirates of the Caribbean

. . . pronounced 'blecchhhh'. Really, really don't bother. Don't buy the DVD, don't rent it. Watch it on telly, if there's no drying paint, or your eyeballs don't need gouging out.

I'd complain about the plot, if I'd been able to understand enough dialogue to get some sort of handle on it. But Geoffrey Rush had such a bad attack of the ooh-arrrrs that, come the the day when the Flying Spaghetti Monster manifests as the One True Religion, he will be Pope. Chow Yun-Fat and Jonathan Pryce were unforgiveably wasted, Keira Knightly is still not attractive and Orlando Bloom still can't act. And even a screenful of Johnny Depps doesn't make up for it.

Never mind. Die Hard 4.0 is out soon.

4 comments:

FirstNations said...

with you, then, so far its unanimous-pie rats 3 is a sinkie, not a floatie.

Anonymous said...

oh now steady on! at least i stayed awake, and that's proof of something or other ... maybe that it was quite noisy? it was just as confusing as the last one - i'd really need to see it at least once more for the plot to penetrate my thick skull.

couldn't really relate to the white wilderness and the army of boulders/crabs. surreal, no doubt.

anyway, my best moment was when my son leant across and said, 'this is quite an apocalytic battle'. see? some of that re has gone in, despite appearances.

Zig said...

No! tell me it's not so!
It's either that or Ocean's 13 at the local - is that any good?

Valerie said...

Poop. I have to see it, because.. I just have to see it. But I guess I'll get it on Netflix and take lots of potty breaks.