Friday, October 27, 2006

International Leather

Me, early hours of the morning, playing Scrabble with a lovely chatty woman from - well, I guess I had better not say, three grown-up kids, just in from her salsa class. As near as I can remember it,

ME: So what do you do?

HER: My husband and I have an international leather business

ME: (spluttering) Its late and I'm tired - I daren't comment as anything I say will be so inappropriate

HER: But you'd be right

ME: ??????!

HER: we cater to the BDSM trade (I dunno what BDSM is but I guessed at the SM bit)

ME: I just laughed so much my forehead hit the keyboard

HER: We had a customer who ran a business in Southend. Dennis is the name, perversion's the game. He commissioned full face masks, with zips for the mouth and eyes. He went out of business because customers complained that they were catching their eyebrow hair in the zips!



At which point I cracked up - I thought I would wake the entire household I was laughing so much. What I didn't get was why poor Dennis went out of business - surely he could have charged extra for the eyebrow torture! Why on earth don't eyebrows count?

She has more stories for me - I expect the coming few Scrabble games to be eye-openers . . .

No comments: