Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lipsum

It's not to be Bourne

Bourne Again

It was Bourne upon me

Bourne Free (Bourne Three?)

I dunno - there may be something there, but I can't get it. (Captain Jack, on the other hand (Aubrey, not Harkness! What sort of a girl do you think I am!) would smoke it. I'm just not in his league.) Did Ludlum choose the name for its possibilities? Hmmm . . .

Sorry. Not paying attention there. SO and I have just watched all three Bournes on three successive evenings, and we are drained - drained, I tell you. (And while SO went to bed I caught up with Torchwood. Sometimes I don't know where I find the strength.)

Actually I wanted to tell you about the eventual (its been years coming. Years.) purchase of a USB turntable. I'm rather hoping that SO and I can get together in the library (with the lead pipe. And Colonel Plum. STOP IT.) tomorrow night and set the little beauty up, and finally start translating our lovely lovely vinyl collection into tidy sets of noughts and ones, ready for actually listening to. I can't tell you how much (well I can, obv., but then I really really can't tell you just how bored you'd be) I've missed Jack Buchanan, The Comedian Harmonists, Al Bowlly, the Christopher Hogwood Messiah, and Simon and Garfunkel. To name but a few.

Thank goodness that wretched earworm has gone. *sigh* only to be replaced by this one . . .
Shosholoza
Ku lezontaba
Stimela siphum' eSouth Africa
Wen' uyabaleka
Ku lezontaba
Stimela siphum' eSouth Africa

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I suspect you'll have better luck with your USB turntable than I did with my iMic setup. I tried to suck a record into my Mac -- to be fair, I started with a sucky record, I think it was the Bangles -- but I couldn't get the audio quality even to tolerable. And splitting the thing into separate tracks -- I didn't bother, just chucked the gigantic, unlistenable file. Something's clearly wrong, even though I have that turntable pre-ampy thing you're supposed to plug in. The USB turntables build it all in... very clever and doubtless better designed. I admit to some envy. Keep us posted.

Malcolm Cinnamond said...

You have a library? Really? Terrific!

Can't begin to imagine what a USB turntable is. Anything to do with the fire brigade?

I, Like The View said...

hi there

we did two of the Bourne films and are watching the new Torchwood with enthusiasm!

X