Thursday, May 24, 2007

Stuff I don't know

This could, of course, be the longest post in history, so I will confine myself to things I have found out in the last couple of days.

  1. The first David Tennant Dr Who series is WONDERFUL. Really fab. (Well, the first three episodes anyway, but I can't imagine the others aren't going to be great.) Cassandra body-hopping and being given such a good send-off, the Victorian were-wolf and the plots within plots within plots, and the lovely Sarah-Jane Smith provoking some rich emotional layering, and Anthony Head getting quite versatile in his old age.
  2. Back, Crack and Sac. I was considering this as post title, but the whole idea makes me squirm. Apparently this is a standard waxing package offered to men. Eeuw. Really, eeeeuw.

Does everyone know about this stuff except me?

13 comments:

FirstNations said...

1. is that goofy broad who plays Rose gone? cos she harshed my mellow.
2. sac? no. no way. no way in hell.


*whimper*

Rog said...

This business of doing stuff together just because the words rhyme is causing unneccessary pain. They'll be offering "soap on a rope" next!

Dave said...

I have no idea about what you are talking.

Mangonel said...

FN - I lag very far behind the rest of the world in my Dr Who viewing. For me, Rose Tyler is still very much around. Though I gather that by the end of this series things go quite pear-shaped for her. Quite pear-shaped indeed.

Murph, I'm not sure that it's the rhyme that causes the unnecessary pain.

Dave - keep it that way. (Thank you for the lovely grammar. So nice to have a bit of class around here.)

Anonymous said...

aren't you ever so glad you didn't train as a beautician?

Breezy said...

The first one I knew already now how do I forget the second?

Sylvia said...

I only know about Rose's departure because mini mac is a big Dr Who fan and she watches it whilst I'm getting the dinner ready.

There was actually someone on Graham Norton a few weeks ago who had the BCS done live on TV. Couldn't bare to watch it, but from the screams coming from the TV in the next room, I suppose it was pretty eye watering...

Zig said...

noooo - really? B, C and S?! Oweee it can't be true . . .

I, Like The View said...

I heard about BSC years ago from a gay friend. . .

. . .and totally assumed he was joking

it appears not!

%-O


I love David T as Dr W, love him. . .

:-P

(that's me drooling)


...

personally, don't think it matters when you get to hear about these things, or what you do or don't know about anything else - the joy is just finding stuff out, ain't it!

:-)

I, Like The View said...

(oh! murph Back Crack Sack: same initials as Bakers Completes Shite)

Mangonel said...

RG - you don't think there may be a leetle satisfaction to be derived from causing a male, any male, excruciating amounts of pain?



. . . oh hell, did I say that out loud?

Hi Karen, I'm more sorry than I can say. Also, see above.

Sylvia, Zig, I,LTV - duh - it's a gay thing. Of course.

(Oh, and I,LTV? No. It matters ENORMOUSLY. I hate not knowing stuff.)

dinahmow said...

Bejeezlehoop! I can't even wax my legs.

Mangonel said...

Waxing is the Devil's work.

('Bejeezlehoop'? Yow.)