Saturday, April 28, 2007

Editorial Policy

This was the big thing a few months ago. The thing I remember (and right this instant I don't remember too much, for reasons which will become clear) is that Patroclus (I am not worthy, I am not worthy, I am not worthy) started off this discussiona about editorial policy. I remember hers. Not blogging about blogging, and no blogging about sex. (Huh! she hasd this thing abot Marimekko! Chenck out her blog if you don't believe me.) I used to have no editorial policy. Any post is a good post, I thought. Especially when it gets something down for the day.

Well here's a thought. How abnout NOT WHEN YOU ARE DRUNK? Ont he other handm, how else is one supposed to enjy a movie like OUTBREAK? Preposterous. Preposterous. Preposterous. Preposterous. Preposterous. . (See? I can still ctrl-c with the best of 'em.,)

Really really reallly., Is this supposed to be a metaphor for the Cold War? that's supposed to be over but clearly isn't? Unknown virus affects small N. american town, and the powers that be (Donald Sutherlang *groan* *no in a how-does-he-stay-so-HOT kinda way) have to bomb the town into OBLIVION or else their SECRET BIOLOGICAL WEAPON is compromised util Dustin Hoffman (tres small, tres cute) find s the anti-whotsit and saves EVERYONE including Morgan Freeman who discovers hois own humnanity JUST IN TIME) and the only reason this movie makes any sense is if you get progressivly MORE SPANNERED on your own margaritas (did Imention I make the BNEST MARGARITAS in the western hemisphere?) and then TWO CHHERS FOR DEMOCRACY o hell now I'm channelling G. Orwell. Buigger.

Tulips tomorrow. Especially for Dinahmow.

8 comments:

Dave said...

I like tulips.

I, Like The View said...

I'd like to come over for some of those margaritas! (and I'm assuming we're not talking pizza)

do you provide hang-over cures too?

Zig said...

how's yer head now?

I, Like The View said...

fancy another drink? please pop over to mine tomorrow and join the party (or whenever suits you!)

wear one of your snazzy t-shirts and we'll do some line dancing!

patroclus said...

Ooh, more drunk posting please! I've not seen Outbreak, but this sort of makes me want to see it...although maybe 28 Weeks Later might be a better bet on the same theme...

I blog about blogging all the time, but my editorial policy only lets me blog about sex once in every 500 posts, and I'm not allowed to blog when I'm depressed.

Flirty Something said...

Blogging when drunk or bitter is very dangerous. thank god you can delete.

Mangonel said...

Thank you for your kind enquiries. (They were kind, weren't they? Not, like, imbued with schadenfreude or anything?) I'm fine. Truth is, I've never had a hangover in my life. Not for want of trying, mind, oh no.

I had debated deleting this, but considering the state I was in (I know, it's not big and it's not funny and it's not clever) I think it reads ok, and after all it is how it was at the time.

Bitter or depressed I won't do, ever. Troubled, yes, angry, yes, bored, oh yes.

I'm quite looking forward to 28 weeks later. Actually, I'm looking forward to looking at Naomi Harris again.

Patroclus - a swift backread confirms that your are, of course, correct about your own editorial policy. What on earth was I thinking? Blogging is quite an interesting subject after all, viz your latest post. I love it when people get all hot under the choler.

Sylvia said...

if I didn't blog when depressed I'd never blog at all!