Monday, April 07, 2008

All we like sheep . . .

Far be it from me blindly to follow the crowd, and it does seem that a lot of bloggers are posting links to videos, but on the other hand I did find a REALLY GOOD PIECE. It's an a capella rendering of Bohemian Rhapsody by one of those College Boy Bands so quintessentially decadent East Coast. (Of the U.S. of A., I mean, not Essex. Or Kent.)

I shall be quite annoyed if this phenomenomenomenon isn't kept afloat by gay men. How irritating would it be to find a country where it's perfectly acceptable for talented straight men to dress tidily, have an extremely functional knowledge of music, and work hard enough to produce this little gem.

Oh, yes, the link - it's here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two reasons I never post video clips from YouTube.

1/ I don't know how to do it. The embedding thing. A disgrace considering I've actually worked in the digital content industry.

2/ I can't be arsed to find something that I like and that nobody has already posted three years before.

Mangonel said...

You know people who remember three years ago?

You flash git.

Malcolm Cinnamond said...

Sorry, would love to go along the a capella route with you, but can't. I think it's a result of being made to go to see the King's Singers when I was young - my parents had taught the one with the high-pitched voice and seemed ever so proud of it. Sends shivers down my spine.

Dave said...

As a talented straight man I have no idea of this thing about which you are talking.

FirstNations said...

THAT!
WAS!
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!

Tim F said...

I don't think the one singing lead is gay.

But at least some of the guys doing the bass line are bummers.

I'll get me Freddie-style belted fur jacket.

I, Like The View said...

:-)