Saturday, March 31, 2007

Back in the saddle

I usually do SO the courtesy of waiting until he is out of the country before watching a horror flick, but having lost my nerve so badly earlier this month, and he needing to work in the kitchen all evening, I figured two stout walls between us would do the trick.

This time it was Ghost Ship. Salvage crew finding a luxury liner derelict these forty years, no apparent reason why, gradually being picked off one by one by . . .
And I was fine. Time to admire the inventiveness of the opening scenes (eeuw! very bluggy!), to enjoy the splendid art direction, to envy some of the stunts that Julianna Margulies got to do, to jump at doors inexplicably slamming shut, to gasp when, instead of seeing his own reflection in the mirror, he sees something else, to shudder at the . . . you get the idea.

I'm so happy I have my nerve back! Just look at the time, I'm the only one downstairs in the single pool of light cast by the monitor, and I don't even feel the need to, just in case, check over my shoulde . . .

6 comments:

Zig said...

you're very brave!

(are they really called devils on horseback?)

what does he do in the kitchen all night??

I, Like The View said...

you are SO brave!

I'd be behind the sofa. . .

. . .then I'd be unable to sleep and would have to leave the light on

. . .if I did fall asleep by accident, I'd wake sweating from a nightmare

I'm such a wuss

I once read a Stephen King book which scared me so much about half way thru that I had to finish it that night

then I couldn't sleep in case I fell asleep and had a bad dream from which I never woke up

(obviously I have never slept since)

love the graphic, BTW!

FirstNations said...

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF?
...wrote the woman who used to read true crime slasher novels while her husband was out of state.

Mangonel said...

Zig - or Angels on Horseback, I'm not sure.

ILTV - So what do you like to read? Ooh - you could start a meme! Haven't had one of those in a while. What are you reading now? What book made you cry / laugh / rage / crap your pants? Had the most impact on your life? Ought you to have read, because it's central to your occupation, but haven't? Your readership is way bigger than mine - please!

FN - I'm gonna tag you with ILTV's meme, you wait, and then hit amazon.com BIGTIME.

I, Like The View said...

how do I do a meme? do I post it and then name people? or is that a tag? I'll try and work out how to do it. . .

you'll know it all tho, given how much I've blabbered away here on book recommendations!

:-)

I, Like The View said...

tis done!

enjoy!!

(you're right: I'm never stuck for inspiration, but someone else's is always a joy and wonder to me - that's one of the beauties of blogging)(just one of them mind!)

thanks!!!